Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I (will) write: NaNoWriMo 2011

After a hilariously failed attempt in 2010 (I think I got 3,000 words) I am back at it this year. NaNoWriMo begins in two weeks and I am starting to develop my characters and world, but not so much a plot. That will hopefully come. I'm writing about pirates. If you were to read a story about pirates, what would you expect to be in it?

I also find myself thinking about my 2009 win, and how I want to alter it a bit. I'm excited about some of the ideas. That one was a fantasy story featuring druids, which could control the four elements (water, air, fire, earth) but also dealt with a little about religion. I would go into what I might change more, but I think there are two people in the world who have read it (I include myself) so....no sense there. If/when I tackle a rewrite, I'll discuss it more.

Sorry about the lack of posts. Work and school make me busy, and even though this is supposed to feature what I've read, I find myself not wanting to write more about it any more then I have to. Maybe it will be what I read for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment