Saturday, August 4, 2018

The 100 Day Food Track Challenge

One of the most frustrating things about not realizing a goal is when you know it was probably attainable if you had just put in the work.

That was me and weight loss this summer.

I was recently talking with a friend who is training for a marathon. I harbor ambitions of running one myself, but need to lose weight just to get back down to a size where running isn't going to totally wreck my knees. I used to love running, but when I got my second degree, the combination of working nights, a full class load, and being tired a lot led me to put on a lot of weight. And it's weight that I've never really been able to shake off.

Two years ago, I actually did really well. I tracked food, I worked out a lot, and I lost about 25 pounds. But, then, I got lazy and I've gained that back (and then some).

I had Grand Plans this summer of working out a lot and getting things in order. It didn't happen. I can only blame myself. I didn't track food, would go without working out for awhile, had more cheat days then I should. Now, school is starting in a little over a week and to no one's surprise, I look the same.

So, I've decided I'm going to try a social media experiment. I'm going to see if I can track my food for 100 days. One thing that I remember about my previous weight loss success was that I tracked my food. At one point, I had logged it for 70 straight days.

I use the app Lose It, which I find does a great job of counting calories and tracking things. I do have a premium account on there, so my FitBit links to it. I am hopeful that 100 days of tracking food, and hopefully a good amount of workouts in there, will lead to some success.

One of the reasons why I'm doing a 100 day challenge is because I'm often times skeptical of those "Lose 30 pounds in 10 days" things. Those always seem 1) dangerous and 2) not habit forming. I want to develop good eating habits and hopefully become a better person at the end of this. Also, 100 is a pretty cool number, so....

I'll update progress. Probably on my Twitter feed I'll have more frequent updates.

Feel free to join me, today is Day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment