Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I got: A Job

In my review of Godzilla, I mentioned that there was bigger news coming. Most people already know this, but I landed by first teaching job. I actually did this over a month ago. Thinking it to be the best present I could give myself, I signed my contract on my birthday.

I will be teaching English (obviously) grades 7-12 in Savage, MT. As you might gather from a first year teacher being given six grades, that Savage is a small school. My largest class will probably be around 10 students. Though, its sure to be challenging. Planning and prepping for six different classes will be time consuming. Remind me to not have large projects due at the same time in multiple classes.

Kodi (my wife, as I think the blog didn't mention the wedding. It was fun, you should have gone.) landed a job as a librarian in Glendive, which is 30 miles south. One of us will commute, though we are still working out exactly who.

The planning process will begin shortly, at least in broad strokes. I'm sure to keep you posted on the happenings in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment