Friday, September 21, 2012

Reflection on Hinglish project (ENGL 338)

I felt the project and presentation went very well. It can be difficult with group projects (especially with six people) to find time to meet up and work through it. I thought we did well with the time we had.

That said, I'm a bit skeptical to the relevance of all of this. I'm not sure if there was anyone in the class that was unaware of dialects before this project started and our discussions on AAVE should have cleared up any misconceptions regarding grammatical rules in these dialects. Perhaps soon this will all come together as something that can be used in the classroom, but right now I don't feel that it is anything more than a warning of something to look out for. "The students exist, so be prepared!"

No comments:

Post a Comment